The Sma Project
about me. chatterbox. previous posts. archives. links. home.
Thursday, December 14, 2006

melbourne


things i thank god for for these next few weeks:

  • sweaters
  • good face n body cream
  • conditioner tht makes my hair not tangle no matter how strong the breeze
  • maxis roaming
  • good straight-cut skirts

haha. landed in melb early sun morn, manda fetched me from the airport =) i was spose to meet her out by the curb, but i din realize melb airport had 3 different curbs to wait at :P haha. it was a kinda 'hrmm' moment, cos din have her phone no. lol. i ended up sitting at a bus stop and proceeded to try n crane my neck such that i'd have a view of all 3. she found me after a while ,thank god =) we ran to give hugs.

headed to my bro n sis's place in the city to leave my bag. man, it was great, missed them both =) spent the whole day out till evening shopping around myers and melb central with manda, and i'm just overwhelmed by how good it is to just hang out with that old childhood friend again and gabbing bout the yrs passed. noticed everyone's super friendly here, from the shopkeepers to the guy behind that sushi thingy we stopped by for lunch. headed back after to meet my bro n crashed a bit, then he brought us to planetshakers. met his new girlfriend too n she seems sweet =)

second day in melb: woke up way too early considering the lack of sleep on the plane (turbulence) and the long day out the day before, and went to manda's place in the suburbs. took me out to see some unis, think mom's still trying to get me to study here. haha. it was real freezing tht day, real windy n cold. i kinda love it tho, the winds. strong n cold n dry. not like the steamy humid ones back home. unfortunately, wore a skirt out tht morn, pleated =P darn. haha. had some close calls there. met jon for the first time in yrs, n he's grown so tall! n his voice is so deep now.. i said 'hi' from around the corner n i hear a super bassy 'steell gaught ur hawlf-elf voice, oi see' (imagine with thick aussie accent). hehe. how the yrs go by!

anyway, in brisbane now, headed down late tues nite. went to the gold coast on wed, and it's kinda sad tht we went all the way there n din even get to touch the sand.. apparently no one goes out on the beach then cos it's so scorching hot. i was gonna go whattheheck n run out on the sand, but my sis locked the car door n called me nuts. hehe. oh well. nth'll stop me at the sunshine coast tmr.

ann-nyee
4:51 PM

|
______________